Thursday, March 6, 2014

Wandering Around Inside Recently

Some of my antique dolls sitting around resting and picking out their next book they want read to them.

This begonia is normally dark red in the summer, but it changes to a pale pink during the winter.

Fake pearls but real silver is the thrifty New England way for a certain generation, lol.

Vintage games and a 19th century toy gun wait for patiently for children that will never come back.

My shamrocks, Oxalis, prefer living on the porch in the summer, but they're suffering through the winter in my kitchen fairly well.

Working  at the computer most of the time, this Matlock marathon was a great boon this past weekend. I could watch older TV series like this all the time. Above, Andy Griffith and Don Knotts sure had a long history of acting together. 

My stuffed "Pop-n-Fresh" sports a hand crocheted cap these days. He looks thrilled about it!

 Vintage stuffed rabbit on the other hand prefers equally vintage silk scarves.

This wicker sewing box dates to the early 1950s and was bought in Japan. The interior is bright red satin, stuffed to use as a pin cushion, and the box is full of period sewing items.

Antique Minnesota brand sewing maching is home to all sorts of collectibles these days. My art surrounds it on all the walls.

Corvette is apparently in the hands of Uncle Sam these days, lol. Needs dusting. Spring Cleaning is not that far away, but there's no way I'm going to open a window yet these days!

My three-violet garden is flowerless right now, but has grown to a full 18-inches in width. I'm sure as soon as the days grow longer giving them more light, they'll all burst into flowers.

2 comments:

  1. THE DOLLS FROM MY CHILDHOOD LOOKS LIKE YOURS. I'VE KEPT THEM ALL THESE YEARS. JUST WATCH WHEN I DIE THE FAMILY WILL PROBABLY THROW THEM OUT. . THEIR FROM THE 40S.

    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I doubt that, Granny! I bet they'll save them just as you have!

      Delete