Sunday, July 20, 2014

Summer Flying By

This pretty magenta/red Beebalm is new to the garden this year. They stand about 4-feet tall and should multiply readily through the years. I did some gardening for a friend and she wanted a bunch of these taken out so they could see traffic better from the driveway. She put them in a bucket and I brought them home and planted them!

One of my dahlias this year is this pink variety. This one seemed to be wearing a cap. Those two petals never fully unfurled in the right direction.

A very wet dark orange marigold is home to this bright green insect. You see the coolest little things when you look.

My other marigold variety this year is this solid orange one. I've been growing the same marigold strains for about 10 years. Dried flowers can be picked and very easily harvested for seeds. 

Some of the sedum is beginning to blossom.

So far we've had mostly squash flowers, but I see two small fruit finally starting to form.

The day lilies were fast this year. This is a few days ago and they're almost done blooming already. Hundreds of stems to deadhead now!

I planted an old onion this spring and this came up. I have no idea if the same onion will be in the ground of if there will be a few of them. I've never grown onions before.

Tomatoes are coming along pretty well. My cherry tomato bush doesn't look healthy all of a sudden. These are full size "Mountain Fresh Air" and are supposed to be very large, bright red, and juicy...

1 comment:

  1. HOW ABOUT A TOMATO SANDWICH WHEN THEIR RIPE? I'LL FLY IN FOR THE AFTERNOON.

    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete